Blake 2b

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
bsock

Blake 2b

Post by bsock » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:25 am

What are the best sites to mine using the Blake 2b algorithm?

Most popular coin to mine is Siacoin to my knowledge. Just looking for some feedback before my new A3 gets here and if the Sia Coin dev team soft forks due to Bitmain's unannounced release, where do I mine or do I just have a huge paper weight?
BenRickert

Re: Blake 2b

Post by BenRickert » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:51 am

SC Dev team will NOT SF. They know that would be suicide. The ASIC miners would support the old coin for one and for two, SC will not grow to what is aspires to without the ASIC network support. It's all just hot air. Lastly, they also know that Bitmain could just make a new miner overnight with the "new" Algo " program. Then what....SF again?? No worries.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:42 am

bsock wrote:What are the best sites to mine using the Blake 2b algorithm?

Most popular coin to mine is Siacoin to my knowledge.

As far as I know....Siacoin is the only Blake2B algo coin out there.
If it changes proof or hops algo, then yes the A3 would then do an algo that no coins run on and would then be a paperweight.

Bitmain isn't selling a Siacoin miner...they are selling a Blake2B algo machine.
bsock

Post by bsock » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:30 pm

BenRickert wrote:SC Dev team will NOT SF. They know that would be suicide. The ASIC miners would support the old coin for one and for two, SC will not grow to what is aspires to without the ASIC network support. It's all just hot air. Lastly, they also know that Bitmain could just make a new miner overnight with the "new" Algo " program. Then what....SF again?? No worries.

Ok good...and agreed. They would also be hosed due to their own miner release, the Obelisk ASIC miner. Thanks for the feedback!
bsock

Post by bsock » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:31 pm

AppleMiner wrote:
bsock wrote:What are the best sites to mine using the Blake 2b algorithm?

Most popular coin to mine is Siacoin to my knowledge.

As far as I know....Siacoin is the only Blake2B algo coin out there.
If it changes proof or hops algo, then yes the A3 would then do an algo that no coins run on and would then be a paperweight.

Bitmain isn't selling a Siacoin miner...they are selling a Blake2B algo machine.

That would suck.
Reign30

Post by Reign30 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Just FYI, I got this from Obelisk:
The Sia community is currently debating a soft-fork that would exclude all Bitmain A3 units from the Sia network, while leaving Obelisk SC1 units fully operational. We encourage you to contribute to this discussion, and ask that you disclose your status as an Obelisk customer when commenting. Discussion is taking place on Sia's Discord and Subreddit.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:34 am

bsock wrote:
BenRickert wrote:SC Dev team will NOT SF. They know that would be suicide. The ASIC miners would support the old coin for one and for two, SC will not grow to what is aspires to without the ASIC network support. It's all just hot air. Lastly, they also know that Bitmain could just make a new miner overnight with the "new" Algo " program. Then what....SF again?? No worries.

Ok good...and agreed. They would also be hosed due to their own miner release, the Obelisk ASIC miner. Thanks for the feedback!
Incorrect, it would not affect Obelisk miners since they were designed with this soft fork in mind. It's the whole reason for the soft fork being a potential.
Don't spread lies. You don't know what they will or won't do so don't get peoples hopes up by saying "SC Dev team will NOT SF". Not to mention the fact that "ASIC network support" is provided regardless of Bitmain A3s being on the network or not.
BenRickert

Post by BenRickert » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:04 am

Aura89 wrote:
bsock wrote:

Incorrect, it would not affect Obelisk miners since they were designed with this soft fork in mind. It's the whole reason for the soft fork being a potential.
Don't spread lies. You don't know what they will or won't do so don't get peoples hopes up by saying "SC Dev team will NOT SF". Not to mention the fact that "ASIC network support" is provided regardless of Bitmain A3s being on the network or not.
Well I was right and you were wrong. I'm sure you're used to that.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:04 am

BenRickert wrote:Well I was right and you were wrong. I'm sure you're used to that.
Oh here we go with more idiotic responses that have zero logic in them.

I never said they would or wouldn't, i said don't spread lies. You don't, and didn't then, know what they will or won't do, but you made an assertion stating you knew what they would or would not do.

And this idea that the case has been "closed" is pure nonsense anyways, because the original statement was and always has been if Bitmain causes issues to Siacoin, then Siacoin will softfork their algorithm to, at least temporarily, protect their network. Honestly, it'll do mostly nothing if they do end up doing it, but your nonsense continuous assertions are pointless and filled with a lack of facts.

And my statement of them having "ASIC network support" without bitmain, is a pure fact, again one of your nonsense notions.

Now if you had said "I don't believe they will soft fork" and that was it, then there would have been nothing wrong with your nonsense statements, but that's not what you did. You made nonsense assertions that to this days are lies.

So again: Don't spread lies.
zafar177

Post by zafar177 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:23 am

I was one of the unfortunate buyers of the obelisk siacoin miner obelisk sc1. The official response is that there will be no softfork.

quick thoughts from the team https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/commen ... sk_buyers/
Last edited by zafar177 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.