No Idea if I'm Configured Correctly

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
JimmyTF2018

No Idea if I'm Configured Correctly

Post by JimmyTF2018 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:17 am

Tried a setup with prohashing and cgminer 4.10, did the setups as instructed (confusing af no less), but I've noticed that, while prohashing sees that i'm live in the working pool, changing currencies every 30 seconds or so, I haven't successfully found a thing tonight. Kinda discouraged as I'm watching the Live Found Blocks tab and seeing some names showing up successfully every couple minutes.

CGminer keeps repeating either "stratum from pool 0 detected new blook at height" or "network diff set to (with numbers varying from 2k to 4m)

I've noticed that the script is running next to no CPU or GPU so it's not really trying and I can't seem to reconfigure. What am I missing out on?

Motherboard - asus maximus 9 hero cpu - 64gb ddr4 gpu - 11gb gtx 1080ti
spauk

Re: No Idea if I'm Configured Correctly

Post by spauk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:32 am

i don't know how many times i'll say it but gpu mining isn't that good here. you'll be lucky to find a share
spauk

Post by spauk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:34 am

who's instructing you to do gpu mining here?
JimmyTF2018

Post by JimmyTF2018 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:36 am

spauk wrote:i don't know how many times i'll say it but gpu mining isn't that good here. you'll be lucky to find a share
Dont know why you think I'd see every other time you say it if I just signed up - and cool, thanks for the gpu info. How do I change that - because I wasn't aware that I was doing it, or that it isn't effective.

Mustve overlooked the "no idea if im configured correctly" part.
JimmyTF2018

Post by JimmyTF2018 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:39 am

spauk wrote:who's instructing you to do gpu mining here?
I stated what I have, I don't even know if I AM gpu mining since I'm asking about configuration.
JimmyTF2018

Post by JimmyTF2018 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:01 am

Finally found information that cgminer isn't capable of cpu mining - now if spauk had said that clearly in one freaking sentence this could have saved some time and back and forth. This was not common knowledge, not listed in the readme, wasnt front and center on the prohashing site. Much appreciated help in here.
spauk

Post by spauk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:04 am

i don't think anyone can help you if you don't know what you're doing. i didn't tell you to cpu mine with cgminer
JimmyTF2018

Post by JimmyTF2018 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:19 am

spauk wrote:i don't think anyone can help you if you don't know what you're doing. i didn't tell you to cpu mine with cgminer
No you didnt. Sadly when one searches "mining software prohashing" - cgminer is commonly mentioned. Bad info yes. Something you'd expect to be corrected in support forums.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:14 pm

or the help pages.

https://prohashing.com/help.html

lots of good info on there.
spauk

Post by spauk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:29 pm

you need ccminer for nvidia cards, not cgminer. i wasn't trying to mislead you ever. i just feel like i've answered this same type of question like 10 times this week alone and it's a waste of time for you mostly, which was my point.
on a side note the last cgminer that worked for amd gpus mining scrypt was like cgminer 3.7.2, so if you grabbed a later version it probably wouldn't work, but that's kind of irrelevant if you have a gtx 1080 because that's an nvidia card running cuda cores, hence ccminer.
i'll even show you a couple old ccminer x64 2.2 bat files i made for gpu mining here that i used a while ago when i could set the share difficulty lower:

ccminer-x64.exe --algo=scrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333#xnsub -O spauk:"a=scrypt d=2048 n=gtx750"

ccminer-x64.exe --algo=x11 --intensity=17 -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333#xnsub -O spauk:"a=x11 n=gtx750"

you don't really need #xnsub here and d=2048 doesn't work anymore so you can omit that too, and you only need to set an intensity for x11 not scrypt in ccminer.
so, a lot of extra info there for you, from when gpu mining was a thing, but it's still probably a waste of time and power