L3+ "xxxxxxxx" errors

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
kake

L3+ "xxxxxxxx" errors

Post by kake » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:51 am

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue as me and whether there is anything to do about this issue. On board 2 I received some "xxxxxxx" on my L3+. I rebooted it and it goes away but after 2 days I get the same issue again. The miner seems to be hashing ok. I checked the log that I am not sure how to read to be honest and I get the following error related messages:

"Jan 11 06:12:06 (none) local0.err cgminer[375]: Which Nonce Cause Err![82]"

and

"Jan 11 06:12:51 (none) local0.err cgminer[17662]: Get [1]Temp Data Failed!"

Any advice on what to do would be much appreciated it. I only received this miner "new" from Bitmain a week ago.

Thanks in advance.
N00BMiner33

Re: L3+ "xxxxxxxx" errors

Post by N00BMiner33 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:54 am

kake wrote:Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue as me and whether there is anything to do about this issue. On board 2 I received some "xxxxxxx" on my L3+. I rebooted it and it goes away but after 2 days I get the same issue again. The miner seems to be hashing ok. I checked the log that I am not sure how to read to be honest and I get the following error related messages:

"Jan 11 06:12:06 (none) local0.err cgminer[375]: Which Nonce Cause Err![82]"

and

"Jan 11 06:12:51 (none) local0.err cgminer[17662]: Get [1]Temp Data Failed!"

Any advice on what to do would be much appreciated it. I only received this miner "new" from Bitmain a week ago.

Thanks in advance.
I suggest a complete reboot, unplug the PSU from the wall for over an hour. Check all wires to ensure they are properly seated. Plug it back in, check your firmware, and reset your miner configuration.

I have had a similar issue with several of my miners when i first received them this has generally fixed the issue.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:02 pm

sound advise...other than Id not bother to keep it unpluged more than 2-3 mins.
And hour offline seems a bit excessive to me.
N00BMiner33

Post by N00BMiner33 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:39 pm

AppleMiner wrote:sound advise...other than Id not bother to keep it unpluged more than 2-3 mins.
And hour offline seems a bit excessive to me.

I tend to agree with you. I have talked to a few of my IT friends about this and the idea is to unplug it from the wall long enough to ensure all of the remaining charge in the wiring is naturally depleted. This would be the same as working on a car and unplugging the battery before messing with anything electrical.

I tried the standard 5 min max unplug several times with limited success, i did find the longer unplug to be sucessfull. To me the loss of an hour for one miner is nothing to worry about if it solves the issues.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 pm

Check the firmware to make sure its running the latest version.

Ive had to turn the freq down on my D3s, or they do the same, after 2-3 days I get a row of all XXXXXX
Tuning them down a notch or two, I was able to make them stable for weeks on end now.
kake

Post by kake » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:50 pm

Noob and Apple: Thanks for the advice, I will try as you suggested and see what happens...will let you know.
mycide

Post by mycide » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:57 am

I have not had this issue so much on the L3+ But on my D3's its different. I had stability issues, restarts etc before latest firmware. altough after latest firmware i know have problems with some dies, i been downclocking, but to little effect, it even tends to get more unstable.
I understand that this is caused by bitmain fixing the voltage etc so even when u change frequency it wont change voltage, i ended up with most rigs back at factory after testing around, some maginally set lower, 1-2 steps in frequency down to avoid reboots and to many dead dies. (xxxx)

xxx dies are not really dead, just not functioning correctly under set circumstance.
---- would be real dead.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
N00BMiner33

Post by N00BMiner33 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:21 am

mycide wrote:I have not had this issue so much on the L3+ But on my D3's its different. I had stability issues, restarts etc before latest firmware. altough after latest firmware i know have problems with some dies, i been downclocking, but to little effect, it even tends to get more unstable.
I understand that this is caused by bitmain fixing the voltage etc so even when u change frequency it wont change voltage, i ended up with most rigs back at factory after testing around, some maginally set lower, 1-2 steps in frequency down to avoid reboots and to many dead dies. (xxxx)

xxx dies are not really dead, just not functioning correctly under set circumstance.
---- would be real dead.
Sadly i have had similiar issues. It looks like the D3's were built in a rush and are not at the same quality the L3+ is at. I have 3-L3+, 2-S9, and 4-D3, and the D3's by far are my problem children. 2 of the 4 work well the other 2 are about to get sent back for warranty repair. I'm hoping any future miners are up to par and won't have the same issues.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:21 pm

Good luck getting them sent back in.

I've heard mixed bags, some they just send right out a new hashboard (someone marked one and didnt get same one back)
others they tested the boards, saw no xxxx at bootup, and sent the board right back.

xxxxxx going away after a reboot I do not think is something to do a replacement or a refund for.

You need actually blown dies, either stay xxx all the time no matter the reboot, or ---- not detecting.
mmfiore

Post by mmfiore » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:15 pm

I just wanted to let people know that unplugging the power to the PSUs for 2 hours and also unplugging the ethernet cord. Did the trick for me both units seem to be working at full power now for an extended time. I also did a hard reset when I brought them back on line.