GPU Program for Linux or Windows

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
pupster

GPU Program for Linux or Windows

Post by pupster » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:19 am

I've been trying to find a program to run GPU mining for Litecoin on Linux and having a hard time finding anything. I can also use Windows as a second choice. What is everyone using? Any suggestion on that would be greatly appreciated. :?:
spauk

Re: GPU Program for Linux or Windows

Post by spauk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:37 am

i don't recommend gpu mining scrypt, but back in the day cgminer 3.7.2 worked pretty good for AMD cards. and ccminer for nvidia cards
pupster

Post by pupster » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:21 am

@spauk
Thanks for you reply. I was trying go use 2, or more Radeon RX580 GPU to mine Litecoin. So what most people use?
greaseman316

Post by greaseman316 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:02 am

ccminer, multiminer, awesome miner, etc; there are tons of them out there and i agree the asic proof algos are paying much better for gpus. you just need to find what you have the bet luck with.
pupster

Post by pupster » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:14 pm

@greaseman316
Any idea how I can set asic proof algos? Or send me some info how to set it up, or how to start, as I'm a newbie in this? Thanks,
greaseman316

Post by greaseman316 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:28 pm

I hate to say i cant help you a lot in that department as of right now since its been a long time since i did any gpu/cpu stuff. But if you go over to bitcointalk.org there are thousands of posts and links to pools concerning GPU/CPU stuff.

If my idiot friend can set his up and i am sure you got more smarts than him it should be pretty easy.
maverick528

Post by maverick528 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:01 pm

some time ago I mined Feathercoin (FTC) with GPU.
It uses the Neoscrypt algo.
NiteshadeSc2

Post by NiteshadeSc2 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:14 pm

GPU mining scrypt or X11 isn't efficient mining, as for the money spent, a single ASIC device will outperform it and give MUCH better results.
GPU mining rigs are best used for coins that cannot be ASIC mined, like Ethereum and others. If you are hellbent on building and operating a GPU rig with multiple GPU's, focus your efforts on those currencies.
This pool is a Scrypt or X11 pool, and most users use ASIC devices here.
I am a noob miner. Zeusminer Hurricane X3 and a Gridseed G-Blade Hashing around 18-20Mhs on Ubuntu Cgminer 4.3.5.
DougWa

Post by DougWa » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Firesign Theatre:
"I'm looking for the same old place."
"You must mean the old Same place... you can't get there from here."

SO... Niteshade, thanks for your comments... As a completely GREEN (but long time BTC hodler) potential miner, I gather that I'm in the wrong pool if I want to mine some altcoins with only a GPU, am I understanding you correctly?
spauk

Post by spauk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:41 pm

i can recommend some other pools but i feel like i'm betraying prohashing. but it really doesn't matter because they don't support gpu mining anymore really. nicehash, minergate, givemecoins all decent pools for gpu/cpu mining
also coinpot for cpu mining into a few different cryptos, i think they do monero mining and it gets auto traded towards what you want out of btc, bch, ltc, dash, doge