Not a lot of shares being submitted

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
NiteshadeSc2

Not a lot of shares being submitted

Post by NiteshadeSc2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:39 pm

Hello!
New to Prohashing, and LTC mining for that matter!
System:
Ubuntu (laptop) with:
cgminer 4.3.5 (ver for gridseed/zeus support))
1X Gridseed G Blade (5.2 Mhs)
1X Zeusminer Hurricane X3 (14Mhs)

I have been mining with litecoinpool (averaging about 18Mhs constant) over the past week with some constant success, so I thought I would try Prohashing as it appears through reviews to be more profitable. When on Litecoinpool, I am constantly submitting shares and am happy with the results - notsomuch on prohashing.

Most of the time, I am seeing a constant stream of:
Network diff set to 93.6k (or other)
Stratum from pool 0 detected new block (frequently)
However my devices rarely are submitting shares, and mostly it is my zeus submitting, not my gridseed (resulting in my stats only showing about 12mhs of my available 18-20).

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Nites
I am a noob miner. Zeusminer Hurricane X3 and a Gridseed G-Blade Hashing around 18-20Mhs on Ubuntu Cgminer 4.3.5.
NiteshadeSc2

Re: Not a lot of shares being submitted

Post by NiteshadeSc2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:15 pm

So Appleminer and I bounced around the idea of the difficulty being very high for my mining rig (20mhs) so I tried to manually configure it in the password argument per the help file. Tried both d=2048 and d=4096 and neither effect any change. It appears as though the difficulty is still set at 16k.
Help please?
I am a noob miner. Zeusminer Hurricane X3 and a Gridseed G-Blade Hashing around 18-20Mhs on Ubuntu Cgminer 4.3.5.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:24 pm

Yes that is the default minimum as far as I know. There is no lower initial setting for connecting in at this time.
I actually wouldn't have been surprised if it was 65536, or 32768. I wasn't even sure that 16K would be high enough to work.
Again at your hashrate it will take a long time, more so than on other pools to get shares.
NiteshadeSc2

Post by NiteshadeSc2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:26 pm

help section says the lowest is 512. So I dunno.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:28 pm

for X11 or scrypt?

It is also possible that the help section is out of date.

I will forward an Email onto Constance and ask that she review the help section and try to bring it up to date with the current settings for any examples given in the help document.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
NiteshadeSc2

Post by NiteshadeSc2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:35 pm

I imagine is it in scrypt. says:
"Available values for scrypt are any power of 2 between 512 and 2097152, such as 1024, 2048, and so on"
and
d: sets a static difficulty for that miner. For example, d=4096 will, after the first share is submitted, reassign the miner permanently to a difficulty of 4096

Ideas?

Nites
NiteshadeSc2

Post by NiteshadeSc2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:28 pm

Just tried setting d=16384. Let you know how it goes!