Antminer Setup

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
johncoin

Antminer Setup

Post by johncoin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:31 pm

Hello! I want to make sure that I am setting up my Antminer L3+ correctly. Thank you, in advance, for your help with this!

This is what you have available for inputs on the Antminer:

Pool 1:
URL:
Worker:
Password:

URL: ProHashing says to point to prohashing.com:3333. I take it that standard address protocol is to add the stratum to this.So, is the address I should use:

stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333

Worker: ProHashing says to use my Login ID. But, are there no Workers used on ProHashing? That being the case, will I only use:

myloginid

But, no .worker? As in myloginid.worker1? And, leave the Password blank?

Thank you again for your help!
AppleMiner

Re: Antminer Setup

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:36 pm

your worker is the login name you use on prohashing.com to login and view the website and your live worker status and set your payouts.

To name a miner in the password field, you would add the n= password.

n=miner1
n=miner2

and so on for each miner in the password to name each one.

Welcome to the pool, don't forget to go to the settings and fill out checkboxes on tax info and set your wallets for payouts of any coins you choose.
HAPPY HASHING!
johncoin

Post by johncoin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Thank you for the reply!

I did set up my coins to mine, their allocations, and their addresses in the Settings area.

With an Antminer, CGMiner is used in their software. But, the only inputs allowed on the Antminer configuration screen are the URL, Worker, and Password fields. So, a Worker would have to be able to be established on the pool. You can't use your own parameters on the Antminer configuration like you would be able to using a Command Line.

So, I would guess that my entries would be:

URL: stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333
Worker: myloginid
Password: (blank)

Thank you for your continued help!
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:22 am

yes.
johncoin

Post by johncoin » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:32 am

Cool! Thanks.
johncoin

Post by johncoin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:39 pm

I am getting no hashrate from ProHashing. The only scrypt pool that has worked for me in Litecoinpool.

Does ProHashing work with ASIC Scrypt miners?

My settings in the Antminer configuration section are the same as I discussed using earlier:

Maybe my Antminer L3+ has turned out to be a Litecoin-only miner.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:15 pm

I am really hoping you are putting in johncoin for the worker username and not actually myloginid as your username.
Or whatever username you made when you logged into prohashing.com and setup your account, since not all users use the same usernames on both, and typically I use a different username on each site I work with.

But yes no password, that URL and the login name from prohashing.com website you use to login there and it should work.
Works for everyone else.
johncoin

Post by johncoin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:15 am

No! :-) I am not putting in myloginid for the Login ID.

My username is different on ProHashing than it is on this forum. But, yes, I am using the appropriate username from the ProHashing Settings page.

Well, I don't know what the problem is. There are three spots for Pool URL/Worker/Password entries. Maybe it is about how Antminer prioritizes the pools. Perhaps, since my Litecoinpool is going full strength, Antminer doesn't have any hashrate left over for another pool to run. I could put ProHashing in the Pool 1 spot, and put Litecoinpool in the Pool 2 spot and see if that changes things. Antminer has limited settings. It sometimes feels like using my Genesis cloud mining settings.

There is no provision for selecting how much hashrate you want to give to each pool. You just have Pool 1, Pool 2 and Pool 3.

Since these are Antminer-specific questions, maybe I can ask them on the official Antminer forums, and they can get some feedback.

Thank you again for your help! I appreciate it.
EyePeaSea

Post by EyePeaSea » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:24 am

I'm sure this is obvious, but:

The URL that you enter onto the 'Miner Configuration' tab should be:

prohashing.com:3333

Without the "stratum+tcp://" bit.

But when you view it in Miner Status, it will show the full URL: stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333

Lastly, when you look on the Miner Status page, what does it say in the status column? Does it say 'Alive' or 'Dead'? Can you post a screen shot of the 'Miner Status' page (you can edit the picture to rub out your username if you want).

Also, the L3+ (unless you've done something with the firmware???) will mine any Scrypt based currency (but not X11 or Sha), so it should work. Lots and lots of L3+s on Prohashing :-)
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:14 am

I think I am seeing your issue now.

Those pools on the Antminers are FAILOVER pools.
I have not seen litecoinpool go down much at all over time so if you have that as pool1 you will likely be there mining.

You prioritize the pools you want based on profit or stability or whatever you want to base them on, and if pool1 is down it tries to go to pool2, and if that is down then onto tring pool3.

If it connects and works on pool3, and pool1 pops back up, it will abandon pool3 and move back up to pool1 once it detects it as ALIVE and minable.

Hope that clears up any confusion.
Its not a load balance on the pools, its fail-over.