KNC Titan Scrypt Dropping Out

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mycide

Re: KNC Titan Scrypt Dropping Out

Post by mycide » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:48 pm

I can confirm since December sometime, the Titans no longer works on PH, i been forced to put it back on litecoinpool,
i did raise some questions back then but i guess there aint that many titans around to warrant putting work on fixing the issue.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:59 pm

mycide wrote:I can confirm since December sometime, the Titans no longer works on PH, i been forced to put it back on litecoinpool,
i did raise some questions back then but i guess there aint that many titans around to warrant putting work on fixing the issue.
Do you know what day in December this issue happened?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:56 pm

Ive had connectivity issues going back to September with my TITAN...and was told it was the internet service and no sense looking into it ever.

The network package when there is ever an upgrade was supposed to fix this issue....still waiting 4 months later for the internet package upgrade.
Turned the titan off for a while...recently with the cold I turned it back on as a space heat that pays for its own electric...so win win!

It still works fine...and has even back in September on any number of other pools, but it stopped liking to switch coins for me back in september. Now it just static mines on a pool and works fine.
mycide

Post by mycide » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Hmm, well i dont have a date for it, but i remember, and it might hav ebeen September then, that i could not use my titan mining pps on PH, but when i then assigned it to mine solo on PH, mainly DGB and dnote, or using c= to assign it to mine only LTC, would still work, and so i just kept mining solo, in december that also stopped working, my reported hashrates where way to low, rig kept connecting and disconnecting between PH and backup pool, spending lots of time just connecting back and forth, waiting for work.

I tried removing backup pool to run only PH, then it completely fails to connect. so i had no choice but to remove PH and run only my backup pool. No issues there.
ru55ian

Post by ru55ian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Interestingly, i am having same issues with my Titan on PH. it started for me in December as well.
mycide

Post by mycide » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:19 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
mycide wrote:I can confirm since December sometime, the Titans no longer works on PH, i been forced to put it back on litecoinpool,
Do you know what day in December this issue happened?

You can probably check my mining history and see when the titan stopped being used here, and the days before the work it made should be very shitty, to non. I was mining mainly dnote solo with it when it stopped working, trying static pps mining ltc and dgb to get it to stay on PH, but with no effect.

Any further information on this issue from you Steve?
Not isolated incident it appears.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:21 pm

The titan is a Celeron laptop running windows XP from 2005. Yes it can technically still get on the internet and surf websites.
But there hasn't been support / patches for it in years, so if it falls out of date and cant be used, like a laptop at some point you have to toss it away and go and get a new one. Yes the titan's are still running, and yes they are actually 3-4 years later still able to turn out a profit.

But finding slower pools to hash on with lower difficulty requirements in order to make the 4 year old tech still work on it is where the challenge lies. A lot of pools are tuned up for the newer faster machines to run on, so you have to find the right environment to run the older setups on.

Sadly since september, that has not been this pool for my titans.
mycide

Post by mycide » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:07 pm

Doesnt give a decent answer to why static litecoin mining is not working, or any other static coin that works fine on other pools. pps shifting coin i can understand titan is old and cant keep up. Bot solo/static mining a coin it been made to mine, that should work here aswell i would think. No it is not comparable to an old laptop, that would be dead and burried by now if it ran 24/7. My titan works just as fast now as it did when i got it, yes it is sad it doesnt work here anymore.

There is also newer firmware from third party, i have not checked it out yet, but i read it rather good, maybe it will work with that, have to find it again.. tbc.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:07 pm

you would be looking for the Gen Tarkin firmware I think.

First thing I thought when I saw that...Hey a star wars fan!

I believe he is a member and miner here, can ask if he has any titans still or runs any here.