Why is my hashrate showing 80% less

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
fynxgloire

Why is my hashrate showing 80% less

Post by fynxgloire » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:30 pm

Hello,
I currently have 4 D3's pointing to this pool and should be getting 85.98Gh/s but on my Earnings tab I only see 17.5Gh/s.
My connection string is:
Address: stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333
User: fynxgloiredash
Password: a=x11 n=DashMiner1

May I know why?

Regards
greaseman316

Re: Why is my hashrate showing 80% less

Post by greaseman316 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:16 pm

Your live status must not be showing all your miners connected, Try pressing CTRL and page refresh. usually that fixes it for me

usually the average for 4 is around 75. those high numbers result when you have a higher than expected accepted share rate for 1 or each miner. At times when server switches you from a difficulty of 256 down to 128 or lower and back to 256, the numbers get a little out of whack. Its nothing to worry about since i am sure you are not overclocking your miners. The 2 hour estimate is usually pretty close so maybe you just have had a few very lucky miners, it does happen.

i also see it at times with static set at 256.
fynxgloire

Post by fynxgloire » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:25 pm

greaseman316 wrote:Your live status must not be showing all your miners connected, Try pressing CTRL and page refresh. usually that fixes it for me

usually the average for 4 is around 75. those high numbers result when you have a higher than expected accepted share rate for 1 or each miner. At times when server switches you from a difficulty of 256 down to 128 or lower and back to 256, the numbers get a little out of whack. Its nothing to worry about since i am sure you are not overclocking your miners. The 2 hour estimate is usually pretty close so maybe you just have had a few very lucky miners, it does happen.

i also see it at times with static set at 256.

Well should I separate each worker name for each machine?
Currently all D3's are set to the same worker name, do you think that's the problem?
How do you have yours setup?
Also after 24 hours I made 32 Verge coins. Now I wanted to ask, is that normal for 1 D3 or 4 D3's?
Then I will know for sure if its a problem or not.
greaseman316

Post by greaseman316 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:11 pm

yes each miner should have different name. easier to track what each one is doing and will not cause as many live status issues if all were the same. Same holds true if you also change the host name to the miner name in Antminer network tab. then if you see a problem in live status you know which one exactly is having problems. easier to troubleshoot

As far as how many vergecoins i do not know for sure as it all depends on share rate which varies with each miners accepted shares. if its within 10% of an average over a week or so should be ok. if it changes a lot you know to check for an issue like maybe share pay low, bitcoin dropped, or your coin went up, etc;
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:43 pm

fynxgloire wrote:
That's the purpose of the worker name...so...yes..........
fynxgloire

Post by fynxgloire » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:00 am

Aura89 wrote:
fynxgloire wrote:
That's the purpose of the worker name...so...yes..........

Unfortunately my machines are in a co-location place and its such a pain to ask them to do this for me.
They just ran some random script and named each machine the same thing.
How stupid and ridiculous....
So until they do that I won't mine here, since I only see the hashrate of one machine here.
Surprisingly Supr nova does not care they are showing my hashrate of 100,763,299.66.

regards
fynxgloire

Post by fynxgloire » Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:47 am

OK,
I had the co-location guy separate the miners and now I can see all 5 of them.
thx

ps I have another question about payments but will make a new topic