D3 Dropped/Missing board

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
N00BMiner33

D3 Dropped/Missing board

Post by N00BMiner33 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:57 pm

Good evening all,

I have a small hobby farm i run in my basement. I have 3 L3+ and 4 D3's I run. Everything have been relatively great up until the last few days. Nearly over night i have 2 of the D3's that have dropped or are missing a board. Miner #1 is missing board 1 and Miner #2 is missing board 2. The do not appear on the miner status screen at all, no "X's" or anything. Both miners are running at near 18 Gh/s in average and real time. So I think they still exist but are not visible on the miner status screen.

So far i have Unplugged for over an hour, check all connections, updated with Bitmain firmware, Reset them, Rebooted them, and attempted to turn down the frequency. In addition each miner shows greater total HardWare errors (HW) than what is show by each board.

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
AppleMiner

Re: D3 Dropped/Missing board

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:53 pm

bitmain firmware sucks.

i had a D3 board 2 disappear for 2 weeks, powered the unit off, waited 2 mins, put it back on, shows up again.
It was working the whole time, and the hashrates were fine, just no way to see errors or all xxxxx to know when it would need a reboot.

And then after a power off...the 5th time, not just 1 power off, i had tried that before and it didnt work, but 5th times the charm and status shows them all now.

Its hit or miss I think.
cryptogain

Post by cryptogain » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:58 pm

I have the same issue haven't been able to figure out, tow of mines are with the same error plus one of the chip temperature showing really hot and the other not that hot and room is not hot at all. If you know a solution of this issue please let me know.
greaseman316

Post by greaseman316 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:06 am

Hmm which batch are the D3s??? i have 1 Sept. and 1 Oct. batch miner that for whatever reason will NOT run on the Nov. 20th firmware release. both run fine on all other firmware releases or modified firmware.

try reverting back to the Nov 2 firmware release it should slow the control panel down so you can see the board.
cryptogain

Post by cryptogain » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:07 am

Nov batch
greaseman316

Post by greaseman316 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:14 am

I d try go back to Nov 2 or even Oct firmware they both seem to work fine at 256 difficulty here. there are HW errors but usually not crazy bad. in dynamic Oct goes ape shit and freaks out
N00BMiner33

Post by N00BMiner33 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:12 pm

greaseman316 wrote:I d try go back to Nov 2 or even Oct firmware they both seem to work fine at 256 difficulty here. there are HW errors but usually not crazy bad. in dynamic Oct goes ape shit and freaks out

Where can i download the old firmware?
greaseman316

Post by greaseman316 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:16 pm

N00BMiner33 wrote:
greaseman316 wrote:I d try go back to Nov 2 or even Oct firmware they both seem to work fine at 256 difficulty here. there are HW errors but usually not crazy bad. in dynamic Oct goes ape shit and freaks out

Check your private messages
gazgroup

Post by gazgroup » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:06 am

greaseman316 wrote:
N00BMiner33 wrote:

Check your private messages
Guys I'd also like to have the Old firmware for my November batch please .