Running a D3, but worker status says Scrypt?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
WhatExit

Running a D3, but worker status says Scrypt?

Post by WhatExit » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:49 pm

I'm running a D3 (X11), but my worker status says Scrypt. Why is that? I also only joined the pool about an hour ago. No earnings or mining efficiency history yet. I'm guessing mining efficiency takes a few hours to show the first report like earnings.
AppleMiner

Re: Running a D3, but worker status says Scrypt?

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Did you add the password a=x11 to the miner?
Otherwise it is doing scrypt, you have to tell it to use X11 algo.
WhatExit

Post by WhatExit » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:55 pm

Thanks much! Can I only leave the password blank for a Scrypt miner?
pulpitrocktech

Post by pulpitrocktech » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:41 pm

WhatExit wrote:Thanks much! Can I only leave the password blank for a Scrypt miner?
yes