mine alone and penalty

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Wall

mine alone and penalty

Post by Wall » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi, I wanted to ask a couple of questions.
What benefits does it give you to mine alone?
Why do I have a 100% penalty on an L3 +?
Muggins here

Re: mine alone and penalty

Post by Muggins here » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 pm

I have a d3 with same issue. Have been asked to post a screenshot of this inna forum, but can't, can you? They seem to be taking it as some kind of joke. But clearly it's an issue affecting more than one now.

Does it show as a horizontal line across the graph Also, at 100%?

Am not getting assistance here with this.

Fingers crossed....!!
greaseman316

Post by greaseman316 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:22 pm

it is a connectivity issue that they are still working on. I am running PPS but my restart delays are crazy along with discards which seem to be about 35 to 1 accepted which i am getting stale and rejected shares for. the work is just not getting to us fast enough to keep up with new work.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:25 pm

Muggins here wrote:Have been asked to post a screenshot of this inna forum, but can't, can you?
Take the screenshot, host it up on imgur or photobucket, click the IMG tab above in the message and paste the URL of the image from the hosting site in between the img and /img.
Muggins here

Post by Muggins here » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:50 am

AppleMiner wrote:
Muggins here wrote:Have been asked to post a screenshot of this inna forum, but can't, can you?
Take the screenshot, host it up on imgur or photobucket, click the IMG tab above in the message and paste the URL of the image from the hosting site in between the img and /img.
Ok I'll try, thanks, my restart times today are crazy, 6 and 4 seconds+, theyve never don't this before.. am at halfway during the day and can see earnings below yesterdays halfway, about 10%.
Muggins here

Post by Muggins here » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Hope this is correct.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:09 pm

yes, making 10% less is expected.

There was another difficulty jump, you will very likely NEVER earn more than you are right now.
And a very solid chance it will continue to sink daily.

Welcome to Crypto Currency Mining!
HAPPY HASHING!
Muggins here

Post by Muggins here » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:45 pm

[quote="AppleMiner"]yes, making 10% less is expected.

Hi, I set my difficulty every 24 hours, depending on market. Should be able to ride it out at minimal loss. The 2 D3's average about $7.50 per day each, and with no elec costs, am fairly happy with that.

Any news on that 100% penalty? A glitch or is one of my workers stuck on this ?

I also notice alot of HW errors mining here, an actual 4000% increase when pointing to Prohashing.

I like the game, but these machines.... Mmm
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:11 pm

Well muggins, since you hijacked a thread, and the OP was talking about L3+s and scrypt that may not apply to you.

Also, the network doesn't really care that you set your difficulty every day or what you set it to, it will rise or fall based on how much hash it has on it when the next adjustment period happens. Glad you are making profits, keep it up!
Muggins here

Post by Muggins here » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:39 pm

AppleMiner wrote:Well muggins, since you hijacked a thread, and the OP was talking about L3+s and scrypt that may not apply to you.

Also, the network doesn't really care that you set your difficulty every day or what you set it to, it will rise or fall based on how much hash it has on it when the next adjustment period happens. Glad you are making profits, keep it up!
Understood, but the 100% penalty on one of my workers... ? It's still there, should be an easy explanation for it....