Hasrate History Chart

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
HEKA_INNO

Hasrate History Chart

Post by HEKA_INNO » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:11 am

The hashrate history chart seems to show a lot of downtime. Is this because it is an estimate of hashrate by success-rate?

My output for Scrypt should be ~3.5GH but despite a few high peaks well above that the chart seems to average well below 3.5.

Is that expected based on how chart is drawn or should I be looking for an issue?

All 7 of my machines report full 500MH rate.
AppleMiner

Re: Hasrate History Chart

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Hashrate is calculated by how many shares you find in a 2 hour period.

No matter how fast or slow your miners say they are working, if they are not finding ANY shares they would not have any hashrate.
If every second you have 100% errors, it doesnt matter what speed 500 or 600 or 700 hash the miner reports you are working at.
HEKA_INNO

Re: Hasrate History Chart

Post by HEKA_INNO » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Essentially it sounds like that is calculating 'effective hashrate' vs 'working hashrate'.

Thanks for your help!