D3 & L3 from same connection

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
HEKA_INNO

D3 & L3 from same connection

Post by HEKA_INNO » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:06 am

I read in support docs that there is a difficulty having different password arguments coming from the same connection.

I am unsure from the doc though what the actual requirements are to circumvent this difficulty.

I have L3 machines I have already switched over to prohashing and would like to add my D3s as well. If I give them the correct password argument to set their algorithm, is this going to conflict with my L3s' operations?

Thanks for your time and any help you can provide.
dottat

Re: D3 & L3 from same connection

Post by dottat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:10 am

HEKA_INNO wrote:I read in support docs that there is a difficulty having different password arguments coming from the same connection.

I am unsure from the doc though what the actual requirements are to circumvent this difficulty.

I have L3 machines I have already switched over to prohashing and would like to add my D3s as well. If I give them the correct password argument to set their algorithm, is this going to conflict with my L3s' operations?

Thanks for your time and any help you can provide.
Mine have no issue that I can tell. The L3+ i have set to d=65536 and the D3's I don't specify a difficulty for.
HEKA_INNO

Re: D3 & L3 from same connection

Post by HEKA_INNO » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:13 am

Cool, thanks.

I've been leaving difficulty dynamic, but know I need to assign X11 algo setting on the D3s.

Maybe support doc warning was outdated...?