Stratum Difficulty

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
zelkanov

Stratum Difficulty

Post by zelkanov » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Hi

i'm new and using ccminer with GPU mining.

i have used the script, which seems to connect, but the difficulty says "Stratum difficulty set to 65536"

is this something i should customise or leave as default

i have a GTX 1080 Ti

ccminer -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 --userpass <user>:"a=x11"

my earnings also say Scrypt: (1): and is clocking up time, but i have litecoin set in my payment and mining options..

also when i open taskmanager, my GPU usage % doesnt seem to be going up?

am i missing something or am i all good?

thanks

Zelkan.
greaseman316

Re: Stratum Difficulty

Post by greaseman316 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:11 pm

personally id find another algo to mine with gpu. even with ASICs pay pretty much suxxxxx
Foxx

Post by Foxx » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:55 pm

right, you do not want to mine on the SHA-256, Scrypt or X-11 algos with a GPU, you won't make squat due to the difficulty being so high. for a GPU, you want to mine any of the algos that are ASIC resistant. these include: Ethash, Groestl, X11Gost, CryptoNight, Eqihash, LYRA2 REv2, NEOScrypt, LBRY, Blake (2b), Blake (14r), Pascal and Skunkhash.

best of luck.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:07 pm

GPU will not find many valid shares with the current minimum difficulty.
I would look for a pool that mines ASIC resistant coins ETH and the like, with a GPU card.
zelkanov

Post by zelkanov » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:22 am

ah cool, thanks for the info guys

will i need a different website or can i mine those algorythems on this one, by changing teh -a option in the script for ccminer?

appreciate the tips :)
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:31 am

A different pool with lower hashrates until diff minimum is lower I think.