Hi, is this pool stable to use?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
fynxgloire

Hi, is this pool stable to use?

Post by fynxgloire » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:16 pm

Hi,
I want to use this pool, just wondering is it stable and safe to use?
I asked the co-location guy who has my D3 miners to connect to this pool and he recommend not to.
He is not recommending this pool to anyone to connect to.
May I ask why?
Did something happen that made this pool have a bad reputation?

regards
holygoof

Re: Hi, is this pool stable to use?

Post by holygoof » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 pm

There have been some growing pains with influx of more miners these last 6 months. The brothers are currently working to make everything run like butter again.
There are some other pools that gave not had downtime as much, and if absolutely need every penny, they might be better for the short term. I personally have not checked them out however, with exception of litecoinpool.
Litecoinpool.org
F2pool
These are some others that have scrypt PPS pools.
As for x11, I think zpool does that and also f2pool.
Tom
bellaminer

Post by bellaminer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:50 pm

fynxgloire wrote:Hi,
I asked the co-location guy who has my D3 miners to connect to this pool and he recommend not to.
May I ask why?

regards
I'd say relative to the past, they are very stable. I am using them as my primary pool for now.. and its been a good choice
fynxgloire

Post by fynxgloire » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:10 pm

bellaminer wrote:
fynxgloire wrote:Hi,
May I ask why?

regards
I'd say relative to the past, they are very stable. I am using them as my primary pool for now.. and its been a good choice

Thank you, can you let me know how much per month the X-11 D3 is getting?
Also what about my L3+ will it make more here that the D3+?
fynxgloire

Post by fynxgloire » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:11 pm

holygoof wrote:There have been some growing pains with influx of more miners these last 6 months. The brothers are currently working to make everything run like butter again.
There are some other pools that gave not had downtime as much, and if absolutely need every penny, they might be better for the short term. I personally have not checked them out however, with exception of litecoinpool.
Litecoinpool.org
F2pool
These are some others that have scrypt PPS pools.
As for x11, I think zpool does that and also f2pool.
Tom
Yes thanks,
see have a bunch od D3's and 1 L3+ coming, so honestly I have no idea where to tell the co-location guy to plug them into.
I was thinking supr nova for the D3's for DASH and litecoinpool for the L3.
How about all of them here?
holygoof

Post by holygoof » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:25 pm

I see folks have trouble with their D3, than L3, but I could not say for whatever reason, so it might be anecdotal, but I really think Steve and Chris are doing a terrific job, they genuinely care about block chains, and running a legitimate business. They means a lot to me, that is why I'm here.
Just be sure with x11, to use the password argument a=x11 so that it works properly.
Tom
holygoof

Post by holygoof » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:28 pm

The L3 will make more than the D3, I think everywhere.
Bitmain sold too many and they are not the only player in the space. If dash or other x11's gain value, then who knows, over 1k dash would make the D3s that much better to run
fynxgloire

Post by fynxgloire » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:47 pm

holygoof wrote:The L3 will make more than the D3, I think everywhere.
Bitmain sold too many and they are not the only player in the space. If dash or other x11's gain value, then who knows, over 1k dash would make the D3s that much better to run
So I am basically screwed then?
holygoof

Post by holygoof » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:13 pm

It is relative in my opinion. If you can afford to run it, it will make you money. You re ROI, return on investment is an unknown to me, but with many D3 on eBay selling for less than 1k, I think it can be a fine investment, especially if you intend to hold, or you profit to invest in other crypto.
It won't be quick, but hey ltc just went up $90 a coin in 're last month, course difficulty increased, but if you had hundreds saved over the last few years...
Tom