D3 when loses connection.

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
MinerMaximus

D3 when loses connection.

Post by MinerMaximus » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:00 am

Hello, im new here with my Antminer D3 got form December Batch...

Here must be many with experience with this kind of ASIC

My myner acts weird when loses connection to pool or internet...
Fans Go as high as possible, then it goes very low and increasing velocity slowly up to fastest Speed, then repeat... until connection restored.
On kernel i read messages like "no connecion for 750 seconds..." or "waiting work from pool"
Errors related to temperature "Cannot read temperature sensor... Close PIC need reboot"

Also Miner Status start to show like all or many chips are XXX, or just nothing appears on that section.

What was all that? So miner when loses connection becomes loud instead patienty silent waiting?
I updated firmware but same behavior.
mikelee223

Re: D3 when loses connection.

Post by mikelee223 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:47 pm

I hate to tell you, your d3 may have some issues. You will probably need to troubleshoot which hashboard is giving you issues. When you find out which board, contact bitmain, open a ticket and send the board in for replacement.

The other solution is to reduce the frequency from default(537) to maybe something lower.( 531 ,525 or 519). Inside Miner Configuration / Advance Settings. I've had similar issues, but reduced the frequency and it has so far been very stable. Hashrate not so much of a difference.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:59 pm

I got NOV. batch D3s and I ended up having to clock mine down to 500 to get all 3 to be stable.
Think one is at 491.

Maximus can you list the D3 pool info for prohashing, maybe we can help you.

URL:
WORKER: your prohashing.com web username.(dont need to tell us this one just confirm its your prohashing.com username)
PASSWORD:
mrbrez53

Post by mrbrez53 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:27 pm

Yes you need to post your configs. I have Decided batch and if connection not made you will start
To see the xxx if left running. Prohashing seemed to be the only pool I could join with the D3. Multipool I had issue as you describe. Good luck. Read carefully the setup details.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:54 pm

The new D3 firmware from bitmain kept my miners from getting all XXXXX on a hashboard after it was running for over a day.
Now I can run several days and not get xxxxx on boards after running for a long time.
MinerMaximus

Post by MinerMaximus » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:48 pm

I just put on Config URL and Worker
URL: prohashing.com:3333
Worker: MinerMaximus

BTW i found a big post about this issue, it looks to be happening generally when Internet or pool goes down
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2198580.new#new
mikelee223

Post by mikelee223 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:21 pm

password i think you should put in a=x11