How to use TeamRedMiner with HiveOS while utilizing ProHashing?

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
DeafEyeJedi

How to use TeamRedMiner with HiveOS while utilizing ProHashing?

Post by DeafEyeJedi » Wed May 25, 2022 11:50 pm

Hello Team Prohashing,

I started using ProHashing late 2021 and have been fascinated with this ever since. Then sometime earlier in 2022 I came across to TeamRedMiner because then I can use Dual-Mine ETH & TON together with ease which wasn't possible while using ProHashing's algorithm at the time. Now I've been using Flexpool.io ever since while I am tempted to get back into ProHashing BUT only if I can find a way to use TeamRedMiner instead of GMiner which seems to be the default for us users. I've tried filling in the user config to make this work without any success yet.

So has anyone had any success with using ProHashing while utilizing TRM (instead of Gminer)? I'm asking only because with the latest TRM I've been loving the newest R-mode feature which allows for me to shave off about 30% of electricity consumption meanwhile keeping the same hashrate if not more.

I just feel like I'll save $ on taxes when using ProHashing to mine ETH and get paid in alt coins of my choice depending on current markets as oppose to selling ETH after mining with Flexpool and then buy alts with fiat that I received from selling. Feel me? Thanks for your time!
Baseball and Mining. HaCkint0sh and Crypto. Magic Lantern never dies! :geek:
Sarah Manter

Re: How to use TeamRedMiner with HiveOS while utilizing ProHashing?

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu May 26, 2022 8:03 am

DeafEyeJedi wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:50 pm Hello Team Prohashing,

I started using ProHashing late 2021 and have been fascinated with this ever since. Then sometime earlier in 2022 I came across to TeamRedMiner because then I can use Dual-Mine ETH & TON together with ease which wasn't possible while using ProHashing's algorithm at the time. Now I've been using Flexpool.io ever since while I am tempted to get back into ProHashing BUT only if I can find a way to use TeamRedMiner instead of GMiner which seems to be the default for us users. I've tried filling in the user config to make this work without any success yet.

So has anyone had any success with using ProHashing while utilizing TRM (instead of Gminer)? I'm asking only because with the latest TRM I've been loving the newest R-mode feature which allows for me to shave off about 30% of electricity consumption meanwhile keeping the same hashrate if not more.

I just feel like I'll save $ on taxes when using ProHashing to mine ETH and get paid in alt coins of my choice depending on current markets as oppose to selling ETH after mining with Flexpool and then buy alts with fiat that I received from selling. Feel me? Thanks for your time!
I'm interested to see if anyone has an answer to this (experience already with it). I'll play with it a little also. I haven't done anything with TRM yet, so it might take a bit.
DeafEyeJedi

Post by DeafEyeJedi » Thu May 26, 2022 8:47 pm

Thanks Sarah. I’ll continue to try and mess around with the config in order to try and use TRM while hashing away on ProHashing instead of Gminer. Even if I can’t dual mine ETH+TON — I’m fine with just ETH if it does work.
TechElucidation

Post by TechElucidation » Fri May 27, 2022 7:03 am

Hi,

I use TRM with ProHashing on my AMD rig, and have no issues with it - however I am just mining ETH. Since ProHashing does not support TON you would only be able to mine the ETH portion here - technically you could still dual mine, but use two different pools, ProHashing for the ETH and another pool for the TON, but that gets tricky.

Also I do not use HiveOS, so as far as translating the command line to HiveOS, I can't help with that either. But hopefully sharing the command line options might help you with your setup?

The most basic command line to get started on just ETH here would be :

Code: Select all

teamredminer.exe -a ethash -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -u YourUserName
This has no overclocks, and will show up in ProHashing as an 'Individual Worker' on your dashboard with a random name.

Below is MY particular command line options - don't just copy and use these, for one thing you would be mining to my account rather than yours, and the settings are what work for my cards:

teamredminer.exe -a ethash -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -u TechElucidation -p o=RedWood,n=RWEth,w=660,p=0.19 --clk_core_mhz=1200,1200,1200,1200 --clk_core_mv=737,737,737,700 --clk_mem_mhz=2150,2150,2150,1750 --eth_config=A1056,A1056,A1056,A576 --enable_compute --uac
The main differences are that for the password I am using additional arguments "o=" which is the group name, "n=" for the name of the worker, "w=" is the wattage used by the system, and p=" is the price of my electric. You do not need to use any of these (above you see there isn't even a need for -p at all), or you can use just parts of it. You can find more about the options used at this page : https://prohashing.com/tools/miner-conf ... fig-loaded

In my particular setup I currently have three 6800XT and a 5600XT in there, which is why I have four sets of OCs for the clk_core_mhz (core clock), clk_core_mv (voltage), and clk_mem_mhz (memory clocks). If you have done any OCs on your card you know this is topic on it's own for AMD cards.

The eth_config just speeds up the startup process, using values that TRM usually finds by itself if I didn't have that argument. After you have run TRM for a while it will say it has finished auto-tuning, on the summary (blue text) where it lists each card, at the end is a column for "ETH Cfg", which is where I got the values from. It will not always use this, but more suggests a close starting point for TRM to start tuning from it seems.

The enable_compute turns on compute mode on the cards, which sometimes helps (in my case didn't notice much difference, but never bothered taking it out again). This can only be used if you run as admin, which then is the last option

The uac option forces it to prompt you to run as administrator if you didn't already.

Anyways, that's what I am currently using. To get started use the top one, then as you build up your options and overclock you can use the second as a guide.
DeafEyeJedi

Post by DeafEyeJedi » Sat May 28, 2022 4:11 pm

Fantastic write up. Took me few days to wrap my head around it. Thank you. However, with little spare time to wiggle around this and I've yet to be succesfull trying to get this to run under HiveOS while running ProHashing for me to use TRM.

Here's what I've tried so far:

--kernel_vm_mode=RR -a ethash -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -user DeafEyeJedi -p a=ethash,w=337,p=.23,n=Enterprise,o=apollo --api_listen --watchdog_script
Tried this for Dual mine ETH+TON together w no luck either:

--kernel_vm_mode=RR --ton -o stratum+tcp://tcp.whalestonpool.com:4001 -u (TON WALLET HERE) -p x --ton_end
-a ethash -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -user DeafEyeJedi -p a=ethash,w=337,p=.23,n=Enterprise,o=apollo --api_listen --watchdog_script
I'll continue to mess with this during my downtimes, meanwhile I'll stick to mine ETH+TON on Flexpool.io since I'll be able to take advantage of the new R-mode feature for these AMD cards. Thanks again for your time!
TechElucidation

Post by TechElucidation » Sat May 28, 2022 4:24 pm

DeafEyeJedi wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:11 pm Here's what I've tried so far:

--kernel_vm_mode=RR -a ethash -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -user DeafEyeJedi -p a=ethash,w=337,p=.23,n=Enterprise,o=apollo --api_listen --watchdog_script
I would check your "--user DeafEyeJedi", and try just -u DeafEyeJedi (it should be -u or double --user if you expand 'user' I think)

In the password parameters you shouldn't need the "a=" part any more

So something like this :

--kernel_vm_mode=RR -a ethash -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -u DeafEyeJedi -p w=337,p=.23,n=Enterprise,o=apollo --api_listen --watchdog_script --ton -o stratum+tcp://tcp.whalestonpool.com:4001 -u (TON WALLET HERE) -p x --ton_end
DeafEyeJedi

Post by DeafEyeJedi » Sat May 28, 2022 5:33 pm

Bingo! Off I'm running ProHashing in TRM while dual mining ETH and TON together. I'll test this out during the day and see how it behaves. :shock:

Now the only thing I'm getting is this error message:

Pool prohashing.com login failed. Error Code: -2 - Authorization failed because the username 0x38d6(wallet address), password was not found.
On the ProHashing dashboard it all seems normal here w the exception of reports of 341 Mh/s on HiveOS whereas it's 301 Mh/s on ProHashing. Is this to be expected? Probably needs to average it out a full 24-hour run. Ha.

Thanks so much for your time on this. If all seems normal I may very well just ignore the pool error from ProHashing.com re: username password was not found. Even though it seems to be working. :D
TechElucidation

Post by TechElucidation » Sat May 28, 2022 6:49 pm

Hi,

The difference between the TRM hashrate and the ProHashing dashboard rate is to be expected. TRM is basing it off real-time data since it watching the worker, where ProHashing is basing it off submitted shares - so is more of a calculated resulting hash rate rather than actual work rate. You have to consider luck since you may find more shares (lucky) and PH will show a higher hash rate, or may find less (unlucky) and PH will show a lower hash rate - despite TRM working equally hard in both cases. So you will see it fluctuate over time, but it is totally normal, and stabilizes once you have been running for a while as it is an average.

For the log message, is the 0x38d6... wallet address in the TON section only? Wondering if it is a bug with TRM that it is sending the TON login to the ETH pool, since ProHashing should only have your username (DeafEyeJoe) and not an address in there like other pools. But as you say, so long as it is working, and you see hash at both pools, let it ride while they both last.
TechElucidation

Post by TechElucidation » Sat May 28, 2022 6:57 pm

Just checked the Ton website, and they are down to just 26 days of bleed left! I suspect that once the other wallets are fully depleted that the other wallets will accelerate depletion, and so 26 may be wishful thinking.
DeafEyeJedi

Post by DeafEyeJedi » Sat May 28, 2022 7:11 pm

TechElucidation wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:49 pm Hi,

The difference between the TRM hashrate and the ProHashing dashboard rate is to be expected. TRM is basing it off real-time data since it watching the worker, where ProHashing is basing it off submitted shares - so is more of a calculated resulting hash rate rather than actual work rate. You have to consider luck since you may find more shares (lucky) and PH will show a higher hash rate, or may find less (unlucky) and PH will show a lower hash rate - despite TRM working equally hard in both cases. So you will see it fluctuate over time, but it is totally normal, and stabilizes once you have been running for a while as it is an average.
Good to know. This makes sense. Been awhile since I last used ProHashing. Don't fix what's not broken. I think I read up somewhere that TON mining will become obsolete like soon. End of June I suspect?

For the log message, is the 0x38d6... wallet address in the TON section only? Wondering if it is a bug with TRM that it is sending the TON login to the ETH pool, since ProHashing should only have your username (DeafEyeJoe) and not an address in there like other pools. But as you say, so long as it is working, and you see hash at both pools, let it ride while they both last.
No, this was actually my ETH wallet so I'm pretty sure it's an user error bug of some kind that I created with the new config. Heh.

Just checked the Ton website, and they are down to just 26 days of bleed left! I suspect that once the other wallets are fully depleted that the other wallets will accelerate depletion, and so 26 may be wishful thinking.
Thanks for confirming this! Yeah I'm already prepared for this and to be honest I kinda miss the low wattage consumption of just mining solely on ETH alone.

Sure doing this whole Dual-mining circus run is fun while it can last. More importantly, feels good to be back on PH.com! :mrgreen: