Prohashing using Hiveos

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Prohashing using Hiveos

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:54 am

imzsht7181 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:31 am Is there any chance of making it so Hive can report the real time power stats to you so it doesn't become inaccurate when an overclock is changed on L3+ asics (any asic really)? Also maybe convince them to quit forcing a coin and address on asic flight sheets. Should be easy enough if they just set the coin as Prohashing then have it auto toggle to input a username. They're aware you automatically set the coin and algo as well as handle payment distribution so there is no need for an additional coin or wallet address in the process. I see that they finally list your pools as available. I don't see any of the password modifiers in their menus during miner config yet though. I hope that is also something that you could work out with them as well.
If you'd like to work with Sarah to improve our Hive support, we'll be glad to do that! However, she doesn't have an L3+ to test with, and she isn't an expert with Hive. Are you available to give her a little bit of your time?
thundergun

Post by thundergun » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:14 am

How do you configure username within hiveos?
I see prohashing as a pool option when setting up a new flight sheet.

Just not sure how to get my user name and payouts to Prohashing.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:54 am

imzsht7181 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:31 am Is there any chance of making it so Hive can report the real time power stats to you so it doesn't become inaccurate when an overclock is changed on L3+ asics (any asic really)? Also maybe convince them to quit forcing a coin and address on asic flight sheets. Should be easy enough if they just set the coin as Prohashing then have it auto toggle to input a username. They're aware you automatically set the coin and algo as well as handle payment distribution so there is no need for an additional coin or wallet address in the process. I see that they finally list your pools as available. I don't see any of the password modifiers in their menus during miner config yet though. I hope that is also something that you could work out with them as well.
I think anything that you'd like them to change with how they're set up would have to be done through their customer service at this point. We've been added to their templates because after contacting their customer service for quite a while, they sent me to the GitHub and said, "Here, you can add yourself." So I do apologize if the templates don't quite do everything you're looking for, as I was writing it with limited knowledge of HiveOS. It took about a month for them to merge the template once I put in the request.
Macky82

Post by Macky82 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:52 am

try this one he is using hive with prohashing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96fkz2CDiV0
thundergun

Post by thundergun » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:21 am

Macky82 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:52 am try this one he is using hive with prohashing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96fkz2CDiV0
Took a couple attempts to get the URL correct, the settings are different looking for GPU's but I was able to get it going.

Thanks for the help!