Issue installing Nvidia 470.5 (FIXED)

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Mastermind007

Issue installing Nvidia 470.5 (FIXED)

Post by Mastermind007 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:21 pm

I am not sure if anyone else has run into an issues with installing the 470.5 version if NVidia's driver.
I have a laptop with a GTX3060 and it was the LHR version. Needless to say Dell did not reveal that little detail when I ordered it.
I did not think a laptop GPU what get caught up in NVidia's anti-miner games.

Mining ethash and getting only 4.3 MH/s I decided to install the 470.5 drivers that does not limit the has rate but it would not pass the compatibility check and therefor not install. So after calling the people at NVidia that came up with this LHR every unflattering name I could think of I took a step back to think this through.

I decided to bypass their installer and go the old school method of updating the drive via Device Manager and it installed with issue.
Fired up Phoenix Miner and with a stock setup I am now getting 32.077 MH/s :o

So if you run into the same issue just update the driver via Device Manager.
Select the Have Disk and browes to the folder with the drivers and make sure to select "Let me pick...". this will allow up to scroll through the list of card and select your.

I have always been and NVidia fan but after this I am seriously think to going the AMD route in the future.
Sumoblei

Re: Issue installing Nvidia 470.5 (FIXED)

Post by Sumoblei » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:10 pm

I have always been and NVidia fan but after this I am seriously think to going the AMD route in the future.
Amd has a new driver every week it seems lol