Radeon 570

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Daeghan

Radeon 570

Post by Daeghan » Thu May 13, 2021 7:39 pm

So I've recently started mining. I have been using Etcash as my preferred mining configuration. I had assumed prior to this that it would use up the entirety of the GPU...I know exactly what happens when you assume though....

So today I happened to be trouble shooting a stupid wireless headphone issue and noticed that the GPU tab on the processes was only in the 3-5% range. I thought that to be odd.

I have a Radeon RX 570 - 4gb on 100 intensity without any password arguments besides naming it GPU.

I'm concerned I'm not utilizing this program properly and could be doing significantly better at mining with this card if there's 90+% of the GPU not being utilized.

Anyone able to explain what may be going on and what I might to with the miner to fix this?
BMChris

Re: Radeon 570

Post by BMChris » Fri May 14, 2021 9:19 pm

Same here - I have an RX580 and it seems to only ever be on about 37%, shown in both the last manager and the log in the mining app itself. I'd be grateful for any info.
BMChris

Post by BMChris » Sat May 15, 2021 7:38 am

So I did a bit more research last night. Have you switched your card to Compute mode in the Radeon Control centre?

I was getting about 8MH/s on my RX580, but after doing that, I'm now getting almost 30MH/s.

https://www.kryptex.org/en/articles/amd-compute-mode-en
I found I needed to reset my PC after switching to Compute mode or it wouldn't change, and obviously if you want to play a game you'll need to switch it back again.
Daeghan

Post by Daeghan » Sat May 15, 2021 11:15 am

Yes, my card is in compute mode.

It runs around 24 mh/s.
Ilovecoffee

Post by Ilovecoffee » Sat May 15, 2021 8:37 pm

This is normal. 24Mh/s I get the same on ethash. If you have 8gb vram you can run ethash.

Mining is more vram intensive than gpu intensive. If you tune your card by overclocking, you can raise the memory clock and lower the core clock to offset temperature and wattage and still have an improvement.