SCRYPT COIN: QUANTIS

Announce new mineable coins and cryptocurrency technologies here.
Forum rules
The Mineable Coin Announcement forum is for discussing new mineable coins and cryptocurrency technologies. One topic per coin, please. Feel free to submit a support ticket for inclusion in the "Coin communities" forum if your coin would like a centralized place for discussion.

Announcements for pre-mined token sales are prohibited on this site. Please restrict posts to new mineable or stakeable coins only.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
dragonbyte_llc

SCRYPT COIN: QUANTIS

Post by dragonbyte_llc » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:08 am

Hey, guys! Are we not mining Quantis on the Scrypt algo? It has been on the upward move this week. If it's not in the list, I suggest adding it post haste. I haven't seen it on the hierarchy.

We seem to be stuck on Litecoin, which is not registering as most profitable...

Cheers!

DB
CSZiggy

Re: SCRYPT COIN: QUANTIS

Post by CSZiggy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:18 am

I think its only on 2 exchanges. Not sure if the pool uses either one of them to be able to get prices or buy/sell the coin as needed.

The next question would be, even if added, would it ever get hit as a minable coin?

NewYorkCoin is worth 2X as much as litecoin at times, but due to how the system is setup, it never puts the full power of the pool on a single coin to mine it until its not profitable. So even if they added the 2 exchanges, added QUANTIS coin, there is still a good chance it floats up to the top and stays there and never gets hammered and you still end up mining litecoins all day long instead of QUANTIS coins.
dragonbyte_llc

Post by dragonbyte_llc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:46 am

There are a few more variables than just value to affect profitability, and one of them is difficulty, which affects amount of coins to be mined. This is why sometimes, less valuable coins can be more profitable within the same span of mining time. However, I've noticed that, generally, higher values will produce more profitability, particularly when sustained, which is what I think you're referring to. And LTC has been on a long downswing.

I think everything should be included as much as possible when its automated so all opportunities can be taken advantage of. TradeOgre is an up-and-coming exchange, which I find easy to use much much less problems than, say, Cryptopia.

Cheers!

BD
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:23 am

dragonbyte_llc wrote:There are a few more variables than just value to affect profitability, and one of them is difficulty, which affects amount of coins to be mined. This is why sometimes, less valuable coins can be more profitable within the same span of mining time. However, I've noticed that, generally, higher values will produce more profitability, particularly when sustained, which is what I think you're referring to. And LTC has been on a long downswing.
Disagree. Difficulty has nada to do with profitibility of the coins. Just price * how many you find per block.
Its based on the price the coins are being offered at when the time the profitability for that coin is being computed by the pool.
Has nothing to do with higher value coins its based on the pools coding that won't allow over a certain amount of hashrate to be applied to any single coin. If enough others are solo mining a coin then the autopool won't ever be allowed to mine that coin.

So again, even if they added Quantis coin to be minable, if the hashrate for the coin is low enough only 2 miners might be assigned to mine that coin, while the rest still get plopped down to litecoins to mine. Verge, Digibyte, Litecoin....those coins can support most of the hash the scrypt miners throw at the pool. If Quantis can't support it, you will get just a handful of people mining on it and will barely sway the profits at all.

But every little bit counts.