Is this the World’s first blockchain based news content?

Announce new mineable coins and cryptocurrency technologies here.
Forum rules
The Mineable Coin Announcement forum is for discussing new mineable coins and cryptocurrency technologies. One topic per coin, please. Feel free to submit a support ticket for inclusion in the "Coin communities" forum if your coin would like a centralized place for discussion.

Announcements for pre-mined token sales are prohibited on this site. Please restrict posts to new mineable or stakeable coins only.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
AppleMiner

Re: Is this the World’s first blockchain based news content?

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:38 am

Yeah just not seeing how blockchain, has anything to do with content delivery.

If given the choice between having to run 1200 watt machine in order to decrypt a blockchain to watch my content, or open the app on my phone or mart TV for netflix to watch content...yeah Im going with the non-block chained for of content.

This to me just sounds like a buzzword company...HEY the word BLOCKCHAIN came up as the #4 searchable word in 2017, lets make a new company thats based on that somehow so customers think we are trendy.

Can you show me 5 reasons why a news agency that is based on blockchain is better than a news agency NOT based on blockchain and maybe Id consider it sometime down the road.
NewsToken

Re: Is this the World’s first blockchain based news content?

Post by NewsToken » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:07 pm

Hey, here we are. We are NewsToken AKA Reporter Community.

So let's see the questions and the answers:

"This to me just sounds like a buzzword company...HEY the word BLOCKCHAIN came up as the #4 searchable word in 2017, lets make a new company thats based on that somehow so customers think we are trendy."

You are right... but. We've launched the first app and the news platform more than a year ago. At the very beginning we recognized that for a well known media company (big media outlets and especially news agencies) the most important thing of a content is the verification. We had to guarrante somehow that the pics or vids are unmanipulated. That's why we developed a steganography based solution (we collect the metadata and the smartphone sensor data too, and we stored these right in the content) It was quite good solution, but not 100% against content manipulation. We think, if we use BC (not for the complete content just these data) that results a better solution.

Can you show me 5 reasons why a news agency that is based on blockchain is better than a news agency NOT based on blockchain and maybe Id consider it sometime down the road.

there are more thank 5 but let me write the 3 main (others are because of these):
1. They can clarify the copyrights more easy
2. Easy check on manipulation (see previous)
3. Almost none of them using (seen) smart contracts