How to cash out of private employee shares during a non-buy back period

Discuss your trading strategies, and which coins are most profitable to buy and sell.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussion of coin prices and trends. Place announcements of new coins in the "Coin announcements" forum. The only announcements of investing sites allowed in this forum are sites that cover more than one product.
jerryjones

How to cash out of private employee shares during a non-buy back period

Post by jerryjones » Fri May 10, 2019 6:05 am

Out of [CENSORED] I worked for a up and coming tech company going through an exciting hyper growth phase - like everyone these days - and when I left the company, I was still excited about its future so I purchased the options I had earned during my 2 year tenure.

Now, 4 years later I am no longer confident in the company’s outlook, the industry has changed significantly and the company has seemingly failed to IPO which was the much discussed plan — I want to get rid of my shares and try to recoup some of this investment.

I contacted the company, they told me they are not “in an active buy back period” — I get it — but is there another way to “cash out” if not back to the company? Is there a medium to broker deals for private shares like this?

Any help is much appreciated! I have done some research but this is a tough thing to articulate in a search bar. Thanks: