Alternatives to Coinbase in the UK (and you are not a WHALE)

Discuss your trading strategies, and which coins are most profitable to buy and sell.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussion of coin prices and trends. Place announcements of new coins in the "Coin announcements" forum. The only announcements of investing sites allowed in this forum are sites that cover more than one product.
Darzl

Re: Alternatives to Coinbase in the UK (and you are not a WHALE)

Post by Darzl » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:44 am

Coinbase now support UK bank accounts and faster payments for selling crypto and lbx.com also do UK payments
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:27 am

Darzl wrote:Coinbase now support UK bank accounts and faster payments for selling crypto and lbx.com also do UK payments
Maybe, but good luck with getting Coinbase to respond to your support tickets if you ever have any problems. If you have any other choice besides Coinbase, then I highly recommend going with a different exchange.

Alternatively, a better choice is to just avoid exchanges altogether and use purse.io to buy anything you need.
Darzl

Post by Darzl » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Darzl wrote:Coinbase now support UK bank accounts and faster payments for selling crypto and lbx.com also do UK payments
Alternatively, a better choice is to just avoid exchanges altogether and use purse.io to buy anything you need.
It's not the buying but the selling, we mine to earn (if the price ever goes up) and until recently there hasn't been a way to get coins to fiat in the UK
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:32 am

Darzl wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
It's not the buying but the selling, we mine to earn (if the price ever goes up) and until recently there hasn't been a way to get coins to fiat in the UK
No, I'm talking about selling. We never buy any coins either.

It's better to look at bitcoins as a currency that can be used to buy things, because they can be used to buy almost anything now. The best way to "sell" bitcoins is to spend them. Purse.io allows you to buy anything from Amazon, and usually get it at around a 25% discount.

The only reason we "sell" any bitcoins for dollars anymore is to pay the government when taxes come due. Everything else nowadays can be done with coins, and at a steep discount.
Darzl

Post by Darzl » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Is it possible to us purse.io in the UK?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:59 pm

Darzl wrote:Is it possible to us purse.io in the UK?
I don't know. Try it and see.
djliss

Post by djliss » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Darzl wrote:Is it possible to us purse.io in the UK?
I've looked into this and it is, you just need to make a public wishlist on amazon then paste the link to the list into purse.io