Current small market/cheap coins available as payout options on ProHashing

Discuss your trading strategies, and which coins are most profitable to buy and sell.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussion of coin prices and trends. Place announcements of new coins in the "Coin announcements" forum. The only announcements of investing sites allowed in this forum are sites that cover more than one product.
wowsuchcoin

Current small market/cheap coins available as payout options on ProHashing

Post by wowsuchcoin » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:01 pm

What are some good cheapish coins that people believe in that are currently payout options on Prohashing and why do you believe in them?

I took a swing on EMC2 a while back when it was around 0.12 after reading something on reddit and seeing it was a payout option. Just set it to mine 3% every day...

Ended up being a fantastic decision but it got me thinking. There are so many payout options on here that i've never even heard of before, is anyone stocking up on something they believe in and is currently available?

I see NXT is on here but it looks like people are just collecting for the upcoming airdrop. Not sure its worth trying to accumulate now...

Thoughts?
lucindrea

Re: Current small market/cheap coins available as payout options on ProHashing

Post by lucindrea » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:14 am

Most if not all of the minor alt coins will drop in value after they get pumped ... some will stick around but think of it this way ... if you had spent the $ on btc a year ago how much would you have now? ...

BTC is the leader and will constituent to rise ( it's a financial thing .. no matter how flawed BTC system is , the financial system will keep it going up for a few years at least) several other coins are riding on the btc wave ... zec , dgb , xmr to name a few (eth until someone makes a asic miner --and yes they will) .. but they ALSO have their own merits and will stay around for a while and will not crash ..

Look at the alt coins and you will see that while some may follow ups and downs as btc does , they don't have a unique way of solving a problem - for instance xmr is stealthy , untraceable ... that's what will keep it around for a long time and it's the only one that does what it does as well as it does .. other alt coins try to solve a issue but they can be one of 5 other coins solving the same issue , and none of them do it in a way that makes that coin different than all the others .. and when one does it really comes down to the need ... supply and demand ... ya it's great to have a coin dedicated to just medical marijuana , but is their a demand/need for it - right now the US has a tax issue with banking and the mmj industry , but that will change very soon (congress can only put their heads in the sand for so long) so once the laws change , and they will , whats the need?

on the other hand their are coins that exist to fund projects such as clean water to impoverished nations .. they may never get the massive profit margins , but the work they do may be worth it for you personalty to invest in.

in other words .. do research :)
holygoof

Post by holygoof » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:01 pm

I came to mining through siacoin and bought some Asics.
I love the concept of Sia, and the others trying to do similar things, storj, Filecoin, and I think to some extent Maid. Time will tell who succeeds, personally I think there is a market for decentralized backups. It might be a coin or integrated into a bigger/older coin who succeeds.
I still mine siacoin with 4 work,computers and my personal one because I still can. Blake Asics are coming.
As the previous poster stated, research is needed, and for the "service/coin" to also provide a need.
Blind luck helps too.
I have bought
Stellar lumens
DGB
Verge
Ripple
And Vert coin
All of them i liked something about, and the price was a reasonable, imo, use of a couple hundred dollars. It helped that I got that money buying bitcoin to buy miners when it was 8200 a coin :)
holygoof

Post by holygoof » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Lumens= easier international transfers, course bitcoin and almost all of them do this.
DGB= forget the particulars, but I liked it was max 21mil coins and they have some defense thing, I'm butchering this I think, that many other coins use or license from them
verge= I forget :)
Ripple=price and acceptance with corporate types supposedly
Vert coin=heard someone talking about here, read up on it, kind of a litecoin clone, spearheaded or helped push atomic swaps, feeling like if bitcoin=gold
Litecoin=silver, then vert might be copper
Consider all of these long long time holds although I probably check them everyday hah