New Fork

Discuss your trading strategies, and which coins are most profitable to buy and sell.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussion of coin prices and trends. Place announcements of new coins in the "Coin announcements" forum. The only announcements of investing sites allowed in this forum are sites that cover more than one product.
3Moose

New Fork

Post by 3Moose » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:04 pm

How are people segmenting their holdings for the latest and greatest fork? Looking at the most recent payments screen, most are overweight BTC going into the event.
AppleMiner

Re: New Fork

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:28 pm

My understanding was that this fork will not = a split into 2 currency.
It will just be a bitcoin and a bitcoinX2 and certain percents will follow each camp ignoring the other.
Eventually one will lose its support and be dropped and the other accepted and all the bitcoins will only be valid on that accepted chain.

But when the July or whenever fork went in I was reading how this fork would be like a STOCK SPLIT and equal coins in a new currency.
But the upcoming on in November would just be a fork that half go one way and half the other with no new coins being made or introduced when the 2nd part goes in.

Unless I really misread that information or didn't understand it correctly, Id guess with the upcoming FORK people are juice up to get their BTC total as a new coin...which I dont think is happening this fork.

Anyone able to confirm, deny, or correct that info?
scarell

Post by scarell » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:03 am

Ethereum has officially updated. The fifth hard fork to occur on ethereum, the second largest cryptocurrency by market cap, enacted a batch of ethereum improvement protocols (EIPs) designed to enhance the platform. The price per dollar of ether oscillated wildly in the run up, before rising over 2 percent following activation to $348, according to CoinMarketCap data.
butterfly

Post by butterfly » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Ethereum had a hard fork?

But it didn't created a new cryptocurrency (like ETH Classic), right? :?
Cryptocurrency portfolio (our free crypto project)
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:59 pm

butterfly wrote:Ethereum had a hard fork?

But it didn't created a new cryptocurrency (like ETH Classic), right? :?
its not user activated. so it did not create a new currency.