Current cryptomarket trends

Discuss your trading strategies, and which coins are most profitable to buy and sell.
ZiGen

Current cryptomarket trends

Postby ZiGen » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Hello all,

I will take the privilege to open the first discussion in this new sub forum.

As miners we all are very closely related to the market conditions and price trends. I believe that our success or failure is depending strictly on crypto market price movements.

The very existence of this awesome pool is real proof of this relationship. Steve and Chris have a genuine idea to link crypto technology and market dynamics. Their hard work and continuing effort to improve pool's operations are GREATLY appreciated. GOOD JOB, Sokolowski brothers !!!

I hope that healthy discussion will help all of us to stay on the top of the crypto currencies waves - up or down.

Are you ready to rumble ? 8-)

Best regards and successful mining,

ZiGen
Jalapan

Re: Current cryptomarket trends

Postby Jalapan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:17 pm

My conclusion of the new trends is that everyone is getting one or several ascic miners, even tho they have no experience or clue.. and many people wont seem to get that with high elec price's they have they will never roi.. im just wanting for ebay to get absolutley stocked with miners from new people who couldnt figure out that they couldnt keep their miner at home or make the money back on it in less then 6months.. the downside of this is that bitmain is making a fortune and that diff for us other miners is getting streched.. man.. D3's november batch.. people will be in for a rought nightmare
AppleMiner

Postby AppleMiner » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Will you want to buy Ebayed L3+ miners at Christmas.
Being 6 months old and probably being run at 650 MH/s for those 6 months.

You know these will all be 1 week away from popping by the time they get sold.
Or....I got mine in, and only 2 of the 4 hashboards worked...oh no you swapped them with ones you had,
you removed the safety screw, no it was there when i shipped it....Buyer beware on Ebay items.
ZiGen

Postby ZiGen » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Jalapan wrote:My conclusion of the new trends is that everyone is getting one or several ascic miners, even tho they have no experience or clue.. and many people wont seem to get that with high elec price's they have they will never roi.. im just wanting for ebay to get absolutley stocked with miners from new people who couldnt figure out that they couldnt keep their miner at home or make the money back on it in less then 6months.. the downside of this is that bitmain is making a fortune and that diff for us other miners is getting streched.. man.. D3's november batch.. people will be in for a rought nightmare

I agree that it is quite possible ...Like a replay of 2011 or 2014 ...than flooded with cheap GPUs

Now is flooded with newbies - let's see how long they will last ;)

My intent was more to initiate a market price discussion ...because in 2014-2016 price of LTC was 3-4 bucks ...effectively killing mining ... electricity cost was higher than mining income.
3Moose

Postby 3Moose » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:56 am

I think the money is in selling the machines. I have 3 D3's coming in November, they will never see an unboxing. They are going right into ebay or amazon. I should be able to sell them for at least 50% more than what I paid. I would rather clip the profit on day one and not worry about the market and bitmain.

I feel bad for those people who preordered the A5 for $13,000. That's a long ROI.
ZiGen

Postby ZiGen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:42 pm

I feel bad for those people who preordered the A5 for $13,000. That's a long ROI.

Long ROI ... :lol:

Most likely - NEVER ROI ...
scarell

Postby scarell » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 am

practically never...but there are several luckies always...
Cryptotree

Postby Cryptotree » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:14 am

ZiGen wrote:

Still less than a year though, hopefully. That's not THAT long.
ZiGen

Postby ZiGen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:07 am

Cryptotree wrote:
ZiGen wrote:

Still less than a year though, hopefully. That's not THAT long.

You forgot to add "eventually" at the end.

Return to “Economics and investing”