• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ siberianbreaks « Fri 8:41 pm »
FRISKIE wrote: Block NH access to WAMP data so their bots can’t react to profit spikes and part of the problem will go away.
Best idea ever
@ FRISKIE « Fri 6:33 pm »
Am out of arguments then, good luck with the weekend changes :)
@ Steve Sokolowski « Fri 6:21 pm »
FRISKIE wrote: @ Steve: I wouldn’t give up my security either until the pool proved itself. But I would bring in at least part time help to take care of as much of the time consuming admin work as possible so both of you guys can spend what time you do have available more productively.
80% of support tickets are duplicate issues generated by system errors. Fixing the issues eliminates the administrative work. Training someone would also take away time from fixing the errors.
@ FRISKIE « Fri 6:17 pm »
Block NH access to WAMP data so their bots can’t react to profit spikes and part of the problem will go away.
@ FRISKIE « Fri 4:56 pm »
@ Steve: I wouldn’t give up my security either until the pool proved itself. But I would bring in at least part time help to take care of as much of the time consuming admin work as possible so both of you guys can spend what time you do have available more productively.
@ Steve Sokolowski « Fri 4:49 pm »
FRISKIE wrote:
Do you mean prohashing is some kind of a hobby project?
It would seem that at the very least it is not the top priority, which is a pity - Prohashing is a potential goldmine for anyone who would commit to it full time.
The numbers are relative. The current profitability isn’t going to hold for very long. It would take a quarter million dollars a year to convince me to give up a job that provides benefits and retirement plus long-term stability and protection from having to move to a big city to get another job if this would fail, especially in the current healthcare climate controlled by Republicans. Mining isn't that profitable owning only a third of the business, or at least not yet. Plus, Chris already works full-time.
@ jjjang « Fri 4:35 pm »
has started a new topic: Forfeited Balance?
@ FRISKIE « Fri 3:39 pm »
It would seem that at the very least it is not the top priority, which is a pity - Prohashing is a potential goldmine for anyone who would commit to it full time.
@ greenwaretrust « Fri 3:34 pm »
I have faith in you Steve, I cannot imagine all of the effort you guys have put in to make it this far. Thank you!
@ biscayne « Fri 3:24 pm »
Steve Sokolowski wrote: we just need to wait until the weekend when time is available.
@ mmfiore « Fri 2:59 pm »
yes i would like to know as well.
@ n00bminer « Fri 2:58 pm »
Can you share what the problem is?
@ mmfiore « Fri 2:57 pm »
Good to hear. Looking forward to running steady on PH again.
@ mmfiore « Fri 2:55 pm »
yes our troubles seem to have started with the arrival of x11
@ Steve Sokolowski « Fri 2:54 pm »
greenwaretrust wrote: If the X11 is causing so much trouble can’t it be separated to a different server or just shut down until it is fixed?
That won’t make as big a difference as what we plan to do. We already know what the problem is and how to fix it; we just need to wait until the weekend when time is available.
@ n00bminer « Fri 2:50 pm »
It is alive
@ greenwaretrust « Fri 2:33 pm »
If the X11 is causing so much trouble can’t it be separated to a different server or just shut down until it is fixed?
@ n00bminer « Fri 2:19 pm »
yes
@ biscayne « Fri 2:13 pm »
Is the pool dead for over 2 hours?
@ Spork « Fri 12:54 pm »
Universal low
@ Spork « Fri 12:54 pm »
"It could be a lot of things or combinations of things," that stoped us from making easy money :)
@ mmfiore « Fri 12:34 pm »
The cause might be too many users or too much hashrate. or a system process we can’t see from the site stats. It could be the database is filling up with log files. It could be a lot of things or combinations of things.
@ Fearing « Fri 12:34 pm »
ok, if i can do anything just let me know - thanks for your investigation
@ mmfiore « Fri 12:31 pm »
I will send them a request for this.
@ mmfiore « Fri 12:30 pm »
Only someone who has access to their system can debug this problem. It would help if they would post the processor usage on the website. Then we might be able to associate the problem to a cause.
@ Fearing « Fri 12:28 pm »
*which
@ Fearing « Fri 12:28 pm »
musst be somethings with comes in, its not after a restart
@ Fearing « Fri 12:27 pm »
but why does it ran just perfect for several hours with 500++ Users, i think there is bug in some code - perhaps you can figure out which threat generates so much work that shares cannot be processed like before - i only see the rejects but maybe the server admin sees the reason
@ mmfiore « Fri 12:23 pm »
they will have to make the system scalable. by switching to parallel processing. Then things should stabilize
@ mmfiore « Fri 12:21 pm »
I will monitor the situation and when the brothers give the all clear. I will be back.
@ Fearing « Fri 12:21 pm »
Sure? Seems to be the same shi... as the last days, Servers is running just nice for some hours (after you fixed it this night) then server is getting slower, then mass of rejects icoming after the rise of rejects Server will be down within the next hour.... *cry*
@ mmfiore « Fri 12:21 pm »
how has it been running today?
@ FRISKIE « Fri 12:20 pm »
Uhum, definitely helps
@ mmfiore « Fri 12:20 pm »
2,5 ghz script
@ FRISKIE « Fri 12:19 pm »
Is that X11 or Scrypt hashrate?
@ FRISKIE « Fri 12:19 pm »
Agreed
@ mmfiore « Fri 12:18 pm »
It also helps prevent system overloading for the people that do stay. A win win situation.
@ FRISKIE « Fri 12:17 pm »
And yeah, that’s a good idea - move away for a while, and return when things are stable again
@ mmfiore « Fri 12:15 pm »
:)
@ FRISKIE « Fri 12:14 pm »
:)
@ mmfiore « Fri 12:14 pm »
Smart Guts
@ FRISKIE « Fri 12:14 pm »
There’s the guts! wooohooo :D
@ mmfiore « Fri 12:12 pm »
I placing the guts on a server that runs solid. I know that the brothers will get it right eventually I just don’t want to lose a bunch of revenue while the system continues to have instability
@ VanessaEzekowitz « Fri 12:09 pm »
...and no stratum :P
@ FRISKIE « Fri 11:54 am »
no guts no glory :D
@ mmfiore « Fri 11:10 am »
guys
@ mmfiore « Fri 11:09 am »
just checkin in to see if pool is misbehaving. Looks like you guts had some problems friday morning
@ citronick « Fri 11:07 am »
"he is dead , Jim" - Dr. McCoy
@ VanessaEzekowitz « Fri 10:57 am »
deader than 4 o’clock.
@ studiointime « Fri 10:55 am »
received*
@ studiointime « Fri 10:54 am »
I’ve a payout that I didn`t from 2 days ago is that normal ? ID: 15935764747982741158
@ aricee23 « Fri 10:54 am »
yeah pool is dead 50mins behind
@ joshn712 « Fri 10:53 am »
pool went down again
@ gekkeleo « Fri 10:25 am »
the pool is dead
@ gekkeleo « Fri 10:23 am »
i think so
@ mickeekung « Fri 10:08 am »
Something wrong with the pool?
@ Steve Sokolowski « Fri 8:15 am »
has started a new topic: Status as of Friday, July 21, 2017
@ mickeekung « Fri 8:11 am »
Share behind but server normal.
@ vinylwasp « Fri 6:10 am »
Humming along today Friskie
@ FRISKIE « Fri 5:46 am »
Hey AvPro, hows the pool been in last while?

Who is chatting

• Topics

Login  •  Register