System offline

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

System offline

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon May 25, 2015 1:09 pm

After performing system upgrades, the main server failed to boot. Chris is working on the issue now. If the hypervisor needs to be reinstalled, the process could require several days. There is no ETA on when systems will be available again.

No data or money was lost due to this issue, and when things come back online, everything will resume working from the point where it left off.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: System offline

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon May 25, 2015 1:59 pm

I'm hoping to have the server back online by Tuesday afternoon. The longest part is making a complete backup of the database before I restore the hypervisor.
loszhor

Post by loszhor » Tue May 26, 2015 2:39 am

Please keep us posted, thank you.
kires

Post by kires » Tue May 26, 2015 2:57 pm

There's _got_ to be a better way to test the backup system, guys.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue May 26, 2015 4:02 pm

kires wrote:There's _got_ to be a better way to test the backup system, guys.
Alas, Chris determined that this whole issue turned out to be for naught. The network card he installed didn't require a new BIOS; it was simply nonfunctional. He installed a new card today and it is working fine while he is restoring the system. As is often the case with computers, troubleshooting the wrong solution can make the problem worse, and it did here.

On a more serious note, the backup system worked exactly as designed. It seems that other sites are constantly going offline due to lost data, but that will not be the case here. The only downside to our backup system is that cryptocurrency mining does not have large enough margins to support buying a redundant server to stay online during maintenance. If given the choice between paying 9.99% in fees or dealing with downtime due to failed components, I think most customers would accept downtime (but I could be wrong).
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue May 26, 2015 5:24 pm

With the current rate of progress, the system should be back online around 1AM EDT.

When the server comes back online, we will have a new IP address. We were required to get a new one since our ISP only sells IP addresses in blocks, and there were no addresses consecutive to our old IP address. Hopefully everyone was using DNS, but if not, you will need to change your configuration.
dexubdg

Post by dexubdg » Wed May 27, 2015 5:42 am

What's the situation on the battlefield ?
slawek

Post by slawek » Wed May 27, 2015 7:30 am

welcome
I have no idea how DNS does not know how to connect with DNS
if it is not complicated if anyone would write as he does

Greetings and thank you
Slawek
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed May 27, 2015 7:46 am

I will talk to Chris and find out what is going on, as he said that the system should be operational by now.
dexubdg

Post by dexubdg » Wed May 27, 2015 7:53 am

prohashing.com - redirects to the forum
stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 is the correct address ?